Employment Rights Litigation
Employment litigation is one of the most common expenses for businesses in New York. State and federal employment laws, Department of Labor regulations, and administrative regulations can seem convoluted and confusing. Contact Katona & Associates for a consultation today.
We regularly assist employers and employees with a range of matters including:
- Employment Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) and termination agreements
- Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Employment litigation including religious, gender, sex, age-based discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, disability, harassment
- Wage claims including bonuses, overtime, and minimum wage
- Breach of employment contract
- Drafting employment manuals and other employment documents
- Harassment and discrimination training
Examples of some of our recent work include
- We obtained a dismissal for our client in the fashion industry who was sued by a former contractor for benefits, back wages, overtime, and other claims.
- We have assisted numerous individuals obtain more favorable terms and compensation in their severance packages.
- We obtained a favorable settlement for a client who alleged racial and religious discrimination and pregnancy discrimination.
- We have handled numerous Department of Labor investigations on behalf of clients in the food and restaurant industries regarding failure to pay wages, overtime, and other alleged employment violations.
Contact Katona & Associates
If you are in need of legal services regarding employment law, contact Katona & Associates today.