NYC Artist Visa Attorneys

Katona & Associates, PLLC
Contact Us Today
Artist Visas

Artist Visa Attorneys Located in Manhattan

At Katona & Associates, PLLC, we understand that for many artists, the United States is seen as a land of opportunity to share your work with others. Whether you are an artist, an athlete, or another type of entertainer, it is important that you have quality legal representation on your side to help guide you through every step of the visa process. The skilled legal team at Katona & Associates, PLLC has decades of experience proudly representing clients across New York City from our office in Manhattan. For a team of immigration attorneys you can trust to help you navigate the artist visa process, contact Katona & Associates, PLLC today.

Types of Visas Available to Artists and Athletes

When entertainers, athletes, and artists from around the world want to pursue their careers further in the United States, they will need to acquire a visa for their particular category. Some of the visas that talented individuals coming to the United States often apply for include O visas, P visas, and EB-1 visas.

O Visas

The O visa is one of the most popular visa options for those who have an extraordinary ability in their field, whether it be the arts, athletics, business, education, or science. The breakdown of O visas are as follows:

  • O-1A visas are for individuals who can prove they have an extraordinary ability as an athlete, business person, educator, or scientist.
  • O-1B visas are for foreign nationals who are able to provide evidence supporting their extraordinary ability in the arts, such as winning an Oscar or receiving major commercial success as an actor, musician, etc.
  • O-3 visas are reserved for the immediate family members of the visa applicant, allowing them to join their spouse or parent in the United States. However, they are not permitted to work while they are here.

P Visas

Another major visa classification for artists, athletes, and entertainers who wish to work in the United States is a P visa. There are three classifications of this visa, including the following:

  • P-1A visas are reserved for internationally acclaimed athletes, as well as their supporting staff, who are temporarily coming to the United States for a predetermined competition. Most of the time, these visas are only valid for 5 years, but some may be able to extend their stay for up to 10 years.
  • P-1B visas are reserved for artists that are part of an internationally recognized entertainment group. This visa is typically only valid for up to 1 year and requires that at least 75% of the group was involved for at least 1 year.
  • P-2 visas are for artists, either individually or in a group, who is involved in an exchange program that has been recognized by the government. These visas are only valid for a maximum of 1 year but can be extended.
    P-3 visas are reserved for artists or entertainers who plan to coach or teach a group in theatrical or cultural presentations for up to 1 year.
Contact Us For A Consultation Today!

Contact a NYC Immigration Attorney

If you are an internationally recognized artist that wishes to come to the United States on a visa, it is important to have quality legal representation on your side. For decades, Katona & Associates, PLLC has proudly served clients from our office in Manhattan and is ready to help you, too. Contact our office today to learn how we can help.

Read More
Blog Posts