NYC Temporary Work Visa Attorneys

Katona & Associates, PLLC
Contact Us Today
Temporary Work Visas

Temporary Work Visa Attorneys Located in Manhattan

Anyone who wishes to come to the United States and work on a temporary basis must obtain a nonimmigrant visa. Foreign nationals that are issued temporary work visas are permitted to stay in the United States for a predetermined period of time. If you are thinking about a temporary job opportunity in the United States, it is important that you have strong legal representation on your side. Katona & Associates, PLLC has proudly served clients across New York City for decades when they need assistance with an employment immigration matter. To discuss your situation with a legal team you can count on, contact Katona & Associates, PLLC today.

Temporary Employment Visas

If you wish to come to the United States for a certain period of time, you need to obtain a nonimmigrant visa for a temporary stay. A temporary worker visa is for a person from a foreign country who wants to enter the United States for employment lasting for a fixed period of time. Each visa will require the prospective employer to first file a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). After the petition is approved, one can apply for the visa. There are numerous temporary work visas and having an experienced immigration attorney to walk you through obtaining your temporary work visa is in your best interests. There are many types of temporary work visas that you may apply for, including:

  • E-1: Treaty Traders
  • E-2: Treaty Investors
  • E-2: CNMI Investor
  • E-3: Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia
  • H-1B: Specialty Occupations and Fashion Models
  • H-1C: Registered Nurse
  • H-2A: Agricultural Workers
  • H-2B: Non-Agricultural Workers
  • H-3: Non-Immigrant Trainee
  • I-1: Representatives of Foreign Media
  • L-1A: Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager
  • L-1B: Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge
  • O-1: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
  • P-1A: Internationally Recognized Athlete
  • P-1B: Member of Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group
  • P-2: Performer or Group Performing under Reciprocal Exchange Program
  • P-3: Artist or Entertainer Part of a Culturally Unique Program
  • Q: Cultural Exchange
  • R-1: Temporary Religious Workers

Investor Visas

Investor visas are categorized as treaty visas. Also known as E-1 and E-2 visas, treaty visas encourage trade between the United States and a treaty country. There are many benefits to the E-visa. It is the only visa that allows a foreign national to be self-employed in the United States. Furthermore, E visas are issued up to 5 years and can be renewed and extended in five-year increments as long as the person still qualifies.

L Visas

The L-1 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa only used by foreign nationals seeking temporary status. There are specific requirements that differentiate between the need for an L Visa and the other many temporary worker visas available. An L-1 visa requires that the employee fills an executive or managerial position in the United States or employ an integral and specialized knowledge. There are two types of L-1 visas: an L-1A and L-1B visa and the applicable visa depends on the qualifications and type of work the employee will engage in while in the United States.

Contact Us For A Consultation Today!

Contact a Temporary Work Visa Attorney in NYC

Employment immigration matters can be complicated. At Katona & Associates, PLLC, we understand the challenges that may arise as you navigate the temporary employment visa process. Our firm can effectively guide you through every step of the process to help you achieve your immigration and employment goals. To learn how we can assist you further, contact Katona & Associates, PLLC today to schedule a consultation with our experienced legal team.

Read More
Blog Posts