Immigration Travel Document Attorney Located in Manhattan
People who wish to travel to the United States from another country require government permission, which is why they must obtain certain travel documents, depending on their circumstances. Among the most prevalent of these travel documents are visas and passports. Unfortunately, applying for visas and passports is not always easy, which is why the legal team at Katona & Associates, PLLC is here to help. Attorney Katona has assisted individuals facing immigration and travel document issues for nearly 20 years, and he is ready to do the same for you. Contact Katona & Associates, PLLC today to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration legal team.
Types of Short-Stay Travel Visas
Foreign nationals who are only traveling to, or through, the United States for a short period of time may qualify for certain types of short-stay travel visas. However, since there are so many potential visas to choose from, it is always best to retain the legal services of an experienced immigration attorney who can help you decide which best applies to your situation. Below, you will find a list of the short-stay visas available to foreign nationals. They are as follows:
- Transit visa: These visas allow individuals to travel through the United States en route to another country. That is why in most cases, these visas are only effective for up to 10 years.
- Medical visa: If you are someone in dire need of medical treatment or diagnostics in the United States, you may qualify for a medical visa.
- Business visa: Business visas allow foreign business owners, representatives, and certain employees to do business here in the United States.
- Athletic/Artistic visa: These visas allow athletes and artists to perform at concerts, competitions, and additional international events.
- Tourist visa: Tourist visas are issued to foreign nationals for a limited period of leisurely travel, or vacation, within the United States.
- Working holiday visa: These allow young people to temporarily work as they travel between nations.
- Cultural exchange visa: These are primarily for artists or athletes who wish to participate in a cultural exchange program.
Types of Long-Stay Travel Visas
In many cases, your job, or other circumstances, require you to stay in the United States for a longer period of time. Fortunately, there are four primary types of long-stay travel visas that may be available to you. They are as follows:
- Temporary work visa: These are for foreign nationals who are looking to work in the United States for a longer period of time than a business permit allows.
- Journalist visa: Oftentimes, news organizations will send their journalists to other countries to report certain events. When a foreign journalist wishes to report for their news organization while inside the United States, he or she must first obtain a journalist visa.
- Student visa: These are for foreign students seeking higher education at an institution in the United States.
- Refugee visa: Refugee visas are reserved for individuals who must flee their country to escape persecution, war, or a natural disaster
If you think you qualify for a short or long-term travel visa, our firm is here to help. Do not run the risk of applying on your own–we are here to guide you through every step of the process to ensure you do so correctly.
Contact a New York City Immigration Attorney
If you plan on leaving your country of origin, acquiring the appropriate travel visa is among the most important things you can do. All too often people are denied their right into a country simply because they did not take the necessary preparations. Fortunately. the attorneys at Katona & Associates, PLLC are here to represent your best interests, from start to finish. For questions regarding any other immigration-related matter, please do not hesitate to contact Katona & Associates, PLLC today.