What Is an Investor Visa in the United States? - What to Know
Investor visas give a foreigner the opportunity to be self-employed and reside in the United States. To learn more about how to acquire this visa, reach out to our skilled and dedicated New York City immigration investor visa lawyers today. Our legal team is on your side.What Is an Investor Visa?
Foreigners who would like to be self-employed in the United States are able to do so with an investor visa, also known as an E visa. If you obtain an E visa, you can become a U.S. citizen for up to 5 years. Also, you can renew your visa every 5 years as long as your business continues. It is also important to mention that your spouse and children are permitted to remain and work in the United States. There are two major kinds of E visas obtainable.How Do I Receive an E-1 Visa?
There are a number of different requirements that must be fulfilled in order to obtain an E-1 visa. To get an E-1 visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must conduct at least 50% of the international trade with the U.S. and the treaty country
- The income you receive from the trade should support you and your family
- You must prove that there is an exchange between the US and your treaty country
- It must be an international trade involving goods, services, and money
- The owner must be a foreign national and own at least 50% of the company, though employees may hold a managerial position that is essential to the business’s success
- Your trade must already exist between a ratified trade treaty country and the United States
In order to receive an E-2 visa, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Have invested be actively investing in a U.S. enterprise
- Have an investment of capital with the expectation of making a profit
- Have possession and full control of the investment
- Have an investment irrevocably committed to the U.S. enterprise
- Have unsecured personal business capital OR capital secured by personal assets
- In order to determine which visa is right for you, be sure to contact a knowledgeable U.S. immigration attorney.
If you would like to learn more about the investor program, reach out to our firm today. Our New York City immigration investor visa lawyers are equipped with the knowledge and experience required to ensure that you have the resources you need to acquire a visa.Contact Our Firm
Katona & Associates, PLLC is an experienced, highly dedicated New York City immigration law firm located in lower Manhattan. Our firm works with clients in all matters of immigration law, including employment immigration, family immigration, deportation defense, green cards, and citizenship. Contact us to discuss your case and get the help you need.